The ASA Graduate Scholarship Program
The purpose of the ASA Graduate Scholarship Program is to attract, identify, and assist outstanding graduate students pursuing careers within the field of concrete with a particular interest in the shotcrete process.
The ASA Graduate Scholarships are available to applicants who have been accepted into a graduate program in the field of concrete at the time of application to an accredited college or university within the United States or Canada. Based on essays, submitted data, and references, the ASA Scholarship Committee will select scholarship recipients who appear to have the strongest combination of interest and potential for professional success in the shotcrete industry.
Up to three $3,000 (USD) awards are available through the American Shotcrete Association (ASA) for the 2014-2015 academic (award) year. Scholarships will be awarded to graduate students attending an accredited college or university within the United States or Canada. NB: Winners will be notified in December, 2014 and asked to submit a short article (one page minimum) on their research project that relates to concrete and shotcrete for publication in ASA’s Shotcrete magazine.
Each ASA Graduate Scholarship award consists of a stipend of $3,000 (USD) and is paid in one (1) installment of three thousand dollars ($3,000 USD) directly to the student’s educational institution. Applications are accepted between May and November of each academic year and scholarship payments are made in December.
Requirements and Directions
The following criteria apply to all graduate scholarship applicants. Please read and follow this information carefully.
At the time of application, the applicant shall have been accepted for graduate study in the area of concrete at an accredited college or university within the United States or Canada.
Applicants must be a full-time first or second-year (post bachelor’s degree) graduate student during the entire scholarship year. Course work during a summer session will count toward the degree year. Applications will be accepted from anywhere in the world but graduate study must take place in the United States or Canada during the award year.
- Your completed application packet consists of the following information, submitted by the deadline indicated on the application form:
- Completed and typed application form (handwritten applications will not be accepted)
- One-page resume (anything over one page will not be accepted)
- Essay (1-page limit, 300 words or less)
- Two (2) completed online reference forms
- All undergraduate and graduate transcripts
(Note: ASA will not contact applicants upon receipt of their application materials. Please be sure that your name appears on each of the items submitted.)
- The application, resume and essay should be sent to email@example.com together in one email package. Hard copies of applications, resumes and essays will not be accepted.
- Transcripts are to be mailed directly to ASA and are only accepted if they are:
- Original documents (Unofficial transcripts, copies of transcripts, faxed, or emailed transcripts are not acceptable under any circumstance.)
- In English or accompanied by a translated English version as well as an explanation of the grading scale, if different from the 4.0 scale used in the United States
- Mailed directly from the university or by the student in a sealed envelope with a university stamp over the seal.
(Note: If transcripts sent to ASA have a different last name than what appears on your application (maiden name), be sure to note that in parentheses on the name line of this application.)
The application, resume and essay should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org together in one email package. Hard copies of applications, resumes and essays will not be accepted.
Online reference forms are statements of evaluation of the applicant Two evaluators are required to speak to the applicant’s potential for growth, character, leadership capacity, and career interest. All reference forms must be submitted in English. Only the online reference form will be accepted. Mailed, emailed, or faxed letters of recommendation will not be accepted. Only the first two reference forms received will be included in your final application package. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all application materials are received by the deadline.
All graduate scholarships can be withdrawn for failure to comply with any of the items above.
Questions could be directed to ASA at (248) 848-3780 or email@example.com.
Download the flyer
2014 - 2015 Graduate Scholarship Guidelines and Application
2014 - 2015 Reference Forms
Past Scholarship Recipients
Click on a topic below to expand.
2014-2015 ASA Graduate Scholarship Recipients
2013-2014 ASA Graduate Scholarship Recipients
2012-2013 ASA Graduate Scholarship Recipients
2011-2012 ASA Graduate Scholarship Recipients
2010-2011 ASA Graduate Scholarship Recipients
2009-2010 ASA Graduate Scholarship Recipients
2008-2009 ASA Graduate Scholarship Recipients